Welcome to Oman Cement Company
- You are entering the Oman Cement Company factory premises. It should be borne in mind that our Cement plant is a place wherein we handle bulk materials such as Limestone, Clinker and other in process materials and any undue exposure to dust could lead to health hazards.
- Hence it is of utmost importance to comply with the safety and security guidelines given in this booklet. In addition our safety personnel will guide the visitors regarding the safety precautions which need to be adhered to during your visit to the plant.
- You will be issued a visitors gate pass at the Security Office after getting the consent from the concerned department personnel whom you are likely to visit.
- The Factory working hours is from 07:00 to 15:00 hrs without any lunch break, from Saturday to Wednesday with weekly off days on Thursday and Friday.
Plant Entry and Exit Guidelines
- After obtaining the Gate pass you will have undergo a HSE orientation which highlights the safety guidelines to be followed once inside the plant premises.
- You will be issued appropriate PPE’s depending upon the place of visit inside the Plant. An orange colored safety jacket and a green colored helmet will be issued to distinguish you among the other employees.
- You will be escorted by an OCC employee once inside the factory premises.
- You should not enter any process related areas unless otherwise you are authorized to do so after due consent from the Safety Engineer or the Escort.
- If you are visiting as a group then it is the responsibility of the Group leader to ensure that safety rules are being adhered strictly. The Company does not hold responsible for any miscreant’s activity.
- Display your visitor badges at all times.
- All the safety rules and regulations as laid down by the company needs to be followed by the Contractors and adequate PPE’s to be provided to the contract workers.
- After completion of the work you must return the Gate pass duly signed by the concerned OCC official.
In Case of Emergency
- In case of Emergency move to the closest assembly Point. If in doubt please ask the OCC escort and follow their guidelines.
- If you are in a vehicle, stop your vehicle and park it aside without obstructing the traffic on the factory road.
- The Process Units, the Centralized Control Room and the Auto Lab are designated as restricted area.
- Smoking is completely prohibited within the factory operating premises.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety helmet, Safety shoes, safety goggles, particulate respirator, and gloves needs to be worn at all times while visiting the process area.
- Additional safety precautions need to be followed while working at heights and at confined space.
- Maximum speed limit within the factory premises for cars and pickups are 30 km/ h and the maximum speed limit for heavy trucks are 20 km/h.
- Follow the traffic rules and the signage provided.
- Wear Seat belts
- Park vehicles in the designated parking slots for visitors
- Do not park your vehicle by obstructing the emergency exits and path for firefighting equipments
- Do not take your vehicle beyond the restricted area which is strictly prohibited
- Just as health and safety are the heart and core of every activity and is responsibility of everyone, so is the aspect of environmental protection
- Please ensure the area is kept neat and clean
- All wastes are to be disposed off in the Garbage cans provided
- Do not leave any personal and valuable belongings unattended
- Do not enter offices without prior authorization